Discuss Worcester Bosch Pump overrun in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Mike is right,the boiler is wired to the programmer which is next to it. From the diagram is there anyway of enabling the overrun from the wiring terminal?

Hi Mike,

Just gone back to the wiring having left it for a while. I have sort of solved the riddle of the overrun. From what you have said about taking the brown from the pump and connecting it to the live pump on the boiler I need to find which one of the 3 grey cables has the pump live in it. From working out which is which, one brown is to the timer,one brown goes to the boiler live and one brown to the pump live. At the wiring terminal I can find the timer live by just taking one of the browns from the grey cables out to see when the timer has no power. So the other 2 browns will be the pump live and boiler live,will it be ok to remove each in turn and connect it to the live on the pump in a spare terminal on the block to see which is which without blowing anything up? If I connect it to the boiler live then the pump will just run all the time and I know it will be the wrong one. I know I am crazy but sometimes it is more rewarding if you solve these things yourself (with help from clever people).
Many thanks for your help.

Its also worth making sure there is a bypass on the system, so the water can be pumped somewhere after everything has shut down!, It should be located between the pump and control valves.

Ok Roger,many thanks so my wiring will be ok from what I have said?

Yes that was what I was going for,just need to find the feed from the boiler,it's 1 of the 3 brown wires,it should go to the live pump on the boiler.

If it were me I'd just take one wire out at a time and see what stops working. Be careful not to leave the boiler running too long without the pump on but the overheat willl prevent damage. If removing just one wire stops the pump but the boiler still fires and the 3 port opens then you're onto a winner.

Sorted,just removed 1 wire at a time to find the pump feed from the boiler and got it second time. I then connected it to a spare terminal along with the live from the pump and everything is ok. I have a pump over-run! Can I take this opportunity to thank all of you who have helped me along the way and sorted this problem. Not only have you saved me a hell of a lot of money but also it meant I didn't have to damage my utility room by removing tiles etc to trace the wires. I really appreciate this and keep up the good work.

Many thanks again.

Regards

DEMPSEY1965

I don't know if the message will have got to everyone who helped,if not can you tell me how to do it plz,I just want to thank everyone for their input.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch Pump overrun in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back