Discuss worcester 280 rsf continous sparking problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skettysurf

hi everyone , im new to this forum need a bit of help with a worcester 280, prob is the boiler will run for about 5 mins in heating or hot water mode, rads get luke warm then the burner goes out but it continues sparking for another couple of mins then relights again, i have changed the ignitin pcb and the spark electrode and checked continuity of spark lead but to no avail. when burners lit it stops sparking as is normal, when burner goes off and its sparking there is no power to gas valve solenoid from ign pcb any ideas? my brains gone awol thanks

I think u only get power to solinoid when main burner is on , sounds to me like it's a gas valve problem solinoid dropping out , but I'm new to this aswel so sure someone with more experience will help out

No sorry I think I tested power to main valve not solenoid

Hi skettysurf and :welcome: to this place :)

the 280rsf has a pilot ignition then main burner solonoid yeh ... is there/was there power to the pilot solonoid? Main burner won't light until the pilot is recognised :)

Can't remember now if there was power to pilot solenoid, But it does sound like its prob faulty gas valve

Can't remember now if there was power to pilot solenoid, But it does sound like its prob faulty gas valve

If it's lighting then going out it could be that the pilot solenoid is dropping out but may be that the pilot is in need of a clean, injector replaced, flame sensing probe positioned correctly ... Main burner could be visceating (is that spelt correctly?) ... lots to check to be honest when you've got 1st stage pilot ignition B4 main burner.... :)

Ye I know, Think I need to go back check out a few more things like you say before changing gas valve, not gonna make much profit on this job :thinking:

Well it all depends on what value you put on experience IMO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester 280 rsf continous sparking problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock