Discuss Wood burning stove combined with electric boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Good morning all,

I have an interesting one here. I have a customer living in the sticks, off gas in an ancient cottage with no garden. They have a wood burning stove/boiler providing heating and hot water. They want the option of not being reliant on it - ie lighting it and all that hassle. They're not keen on oil as they have no storage space. I suggested electric rads but they want the period, column type. All I can think of is an electric boiler for the heat source fed through a Dunsley Neutralizer. It's not something I've ever done and I'm not sure it would work so I'd appreciate anyone's advice.

Thanks,

Jock

Reply to Wood burning stove combined with electric boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Is it possible to install a wood burning stove with an air to water heat pump? I was speaking to a few plumbers who have said this is not possible...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
Hi all great site, I've just moved house and am taking my wood stove boiler with me as it's only a couple of years old, it has 4 outlets on back...
Replies
Views
D
I'm looking for a heating engineers/old school plumber to put in a Combi boiler (possibly Intergas) replacing very old open vent system in...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help, please? I'm looking for a heating system circulation pump for a domestic install, with 3 speeds, where the speed can be toggled...
Replies
Views
Back