Discuss Wiring open therm stat in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
When wiring in an open therm stat. Swapping a boiler and swapping the wired stat on the wall, Honeywell one. For an open therm one. I know you take two wires I believe from the supply to the boiler to the open therm connections in the boiler. Ideal instinct. Am I right in saying open therm is low voltage? I need to get the instructions for the stat and read up. Thanks for any insight.

There is normally a dedicated Bus or 'open therm' terminal block for the two wires. Some manufacturers use different terminology and they aren't all compatible.
I may be wrong but I don't think the Ideal Instinct has an eBus system, I'm happy to be corrected on that though.

I don’t believe it matters on OT, as it’s not polarity sensitive, so no switched live. You’ll need L-N-E for the power supply if wireless, and 2 wires for OT. Otherwise it’s just the 2 wires.

The live neutral and earth coming to the boiler would be in the same cable as the stat wires. So I couldnt use this 2 wires to take a feed to the open therm connections? Putting wagos on the 2 stat wires and running heat resistant 2 core to the open therm?

Reply to Wiring open therm stat in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock