Discuss Wing nuts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howsie

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I love them! Forget those proxy plastic things; nothing better than flicking those nuts with your forefinger.

I love them! Forget those proxy plastic things; nothing better than flicking those nuts with your forefinger.

It is quite therapeutic, one of my favourite things is spinning them off on a back boiler and seeing if they come off in one spin.
Theres a fire with about 10 of the things on the glass panel securing it in place, it makes my day :)

My old apprentice was called stupid, i never called him that as i felt bad for him. He is just about time-served now and he is a decent enough plumber

Big ears scotty..... Traditional names really.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

There are quite a few oddly wonderful tactile feelings in plumbing. I love the moment a tough screw yields to your screwdriver. That little exhale of air as it spins free.

I also love cracking the nut on an old rad valve to drain it. For much the same reason. Hold breath, big exertion, release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wing nuts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Back