Discuss Wi if wireless in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan LPS

Wifi wireless trv for individual rads that you can control by your smart phone this is what iv been asked to fit by a customer but can't seem to find a English version as Conrad's have brought a system out but instructions are not in English but in German etc... I know grundfos bringing out a kit in January but customer wants/ wanted done before crimbo don't think they have got a chance of even getting the German ones in time...

so my question is has any fitted similar

recommend another brand that yourselfs have used in the past

thanks Ryan

Can they be controlled by your phone each room independtly?

Would you wait for the grundfos or Honeywell bring out a complete kit I saw on ebay that maxx kit but looked a bit china import

Honeywell Evo controls. They've just revamped their TRVs to look better than the bricks they were before

I personally would tell the customer to find a new hobby.
FFS what is the world coming too?
Controlling you heating system with a smart phone - what if he loses internet connection or his battery runs out.
God forbid if someone hacks into their heating system and they come home to a house
that is 45 C.

How big is this place and how many panels?.

The wireless TRV's are going too far, they shouldn't really need changing, but being able to control your heating/hot water system remotely, it's about time this system became the norm'.

Should you be finishing work early and want to make sure there is hot-water for shower or bath, getting house warm and toasty after a long day or weekend away. Then it is perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wireless TRV's are going too far, they shouldn't really need changing, but being able to control your heating/hot water system remotely, it's about time this system became the norm'.

Should you be finishing work early and want to make sure there is hot-water for shower or bath, getting house warm and toasty after a long day or weekend away. Then it is perfect.

It's all getting too complicated. I have enough trouble getting people to understand a programmable room stat let alone something they work from their phone. Bring back clockwork boilers.

I am all for this kind of control it should enable us to do away with zone valves as these should be able to provide boiler interlock. I don't know but what's the point in spending serious money on state of the art controls if you still have to shell out on 30+ year old technology!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wi if wireless in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock