Discuss Why would it matter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetdrip

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
On another thread, his one: [h=2]
icon1.png
Worcher Bosch 24i System Boiler[/h]

Someone stated, as the boiler wasn't working correctly: "It's been in the box for the last three years, there's a clue in there somewhere."
My question is: why would it matter that the boiler in question has been stored in the manufacturers box for the last three years; after all it's packaged correctly; protected against damp and all?
How would this affect any future performance?

At the very least, there would be a risk of the pump having seized up. Three years us a long time to lie idle - what about fan bearings - would they seize if not used for that long?

I don't know if there are seals or anything similar which would dry out and crack?

Well you wouldn't want a new car that had been sat idle for 3 years!!

iv been to service Worcester boilers installed in rented property that never sold so sat idle, the diverter valves were all stuck solid & had to be freed, can't imagine its doing than any good!

Thanks all, needed to know as I've got one in a box!!!!!!!!!
I'll phone W.B. tomorrow and see what they say regarding shelf life.
Bricking it now.

Last edited:
I havent read the post but,
Maybe he meant it was sitting in the suppliers for 3 years?
It not being sold for a reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why would it matter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock