Discuss Who knows anything about Powermax 155 boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys been asked to have a look at a powermax 155, HW is working fine but when advance CH is put on it trips the RCD. I had something similar in the flat opposite a few months ago. Same boiler - HW fine but when room stat turned up RCD would trip - the CH pump had been affected by a leak. I'm assuming this is the same problem. I will replace the CH pump but does anyone know what pump I should be putting in as a replacement?? I'm sure the one I used before was a heatrae sadia UPS25-50 (or is it UP525-50). Can anyone confirm what pump would be ok to use as a replacement? Many thanks. Hope you all had a good Christmas! :)

had this fault before, it was a fuse on the board that was touching an earth wire which had became loose

Do you know what pump would be ok to put in do you know? I think I will order a pump but check everything else before I fit it.

I wouldn't buy any part on the off chance, go there and investigate before ordering any parts.

It's a ggrundfos head. Why don't you go and have a proper look first ? Have you got 6m grunny in van?

Nightmare of a boiler...

Pass it to baxi... Loads of issues with them and basically baxi have there own department that deals with them..

Can anyone confirm a suitable pump please?
as said its a grundfos get one from abkot,however this boiler has been associated with several fatality's,i know your working on the water side but i would be avoiding this one,i wont work on them anymore

Ash, log into gas safe and look for safety alerts (013) and have a read.

Pump normally on these. Like others have said check it over thoroughly and check entire flue length.

It's a shame these boilers have got so much bad press, as many of the issues have been caused by bad installs. Having said that, may be they should have been designed better to allow for this.

Considering their biggest market was new builds maybe they should have :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Who knows anything about Powermax 155 boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock