• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Which TRV in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Need a few trvs any suggestions as to decent ones at a fair price. I can get Pegler Terriers for £9 which seems okay or the Pegler Mistral for £10
If I got something like a Drayton TRV4 we are talking around £21 though that includes lockshield. A lot of lockshield valves look crap to me. I have one Terrier lockshield that looks in a different league to most others.
Any suggestions that I may have missed?

SimonG

Plumber
I always liked the bulldog valves but they upgraded the heads and they are gash now.

I tend to use the Drayton ones now as they are generally on offer when I buy rads from plumbfix.

Ric2013

Plumber
Aren't Mistrals an economy version of the Terrier? Bear in mind the proper Terrier lockshields are good, but sometimes Pegler TRV and lockshield twin packs throw in a cheap lockshield that isn't a proper Terrier version.

Aren't Mistrals an economy version of the Terrier? Bear in mind the proper Terrier lockshields are good, but sometimes Pegler TRV and lockshield twin packs throw in a cheap lockshield that isn't a proper Terrier version.
As I said the Terrier lockshield looks in a different league so that would tally with what you say. The Mistrals I have came with lockshield, with drain valve they look okay but no better than lots out there. The Terrier lockshield is as expensive as some decent TRVs.

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Am edging towards the Pegler Terrier 3 which I can get for £14 from Toolstation.
Morning,

I’m not sure if you’ve ordered yet, but Wickes have got some valves at good prices, quite a saving on 10 valves:

Reply to Which TRV in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net