Search the forum,

Discuss Which TRV in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Need a few trvs any suggestions as to decent ones at a fair price. I can get Pegler Terriers for £9 which seems okay or the Pegler Mistral for £10
If I got something like a Drayton TRV4 we are talking around £21 though that includes lockshield. A lot of lockshield valves look crap to me. I have one Terrier lockshield that looks in a different league to most others.
Any suggestions that I may have missed?

Danfoss ras c 2 if on a budget Honeywell vt15 around 10 per

I always liked the bulldog valves but they upgraded the heads and they are gash now.

I tend to use the Drayton ones now as they are generally on offer when I buy rads from plumbfix.

Aren't Mistrals an economy version of the Terrier? Bear in mind the proper Terrier lockshields are good, but sometimes Pegler TRV and lockshield twin packs throw in a cheap lockshield that isn't a proper Terrier version.

Aren't Mistrals an economy version of the Terrier? Bear in mind the proper Terrier lockshields are good, but sometimes Pegler TRV and lockshield twin packs throw in a cheap lockshield that isn't a proper Terrier version.
As I said the Terrier lockshield looks in a different league so that would tally with what you say. The Mistrals I have came with lockshield, with drain valve they look okay but no better than lots out there. The Terrier lockshield is as expensive as some decent TRVs.

Am edging towards the Pegler Terrier 3 which I can get for £14 from Toolstation.
Morning,

I’m not sure if you’ve ordered yet, but Wickes have got some valves at good prices, quite a saving on 10 valves:

Not sure why Wickes want £20 for the VT15 which I can get for £11

Some am still deciding on Pegler Terrier 3 or the Honeywell VT15

Not sure why Wickes want £20 for the VT15 which I can get for £11

Some am still deciding on Pegler Terrier 3 or the Honeywell VT15
Because it’s the trv and lockshield, trv only is £13 odd.

Have plumped for the Pegler Terrier 3 valves. They look as if a bit of engineering has gone into them. Just an aside question they have self sealing versions with an O ring.
When would one use one of these as opposed to the normal PTFE and screw it in tight approach?

Depends if it goes into the rad and tightens up before it bottoms out

Sorry not fully understanding that reply. As it has an O ring of course one just nips it up enough to slightly compress the O ring so how can it bottom out?
Sorry if I am missing the obvious.

I have a habit of confusing myself and others here is a link to a Pegler valve with the O ring.

I have a habit of confusing myself and others here is a link to a Pegler valve with the O ring.

Picture and data sheet are misleading, photo looks like a push fit valve with a sealing washer for the rad tail, yet datasheet shows what looks like push fit and compression? 🤔🤔🤔

Not first time a manufacturer posted wrong info or pics. All I was curious to know was where would one use a rad tail as such? You say washer is it a washer or an O ring?

Never seen that type before but I would bin the oring and loctite 577 them in on the thread going into the rad

A man of habit. If it is just an O ring and only nipped up to seal I would be worried about it getting knocked and possible moving slightly and then leaking. I will stick with my loctite 577 as do you, I am sick of guessing how many turns of PTFE I need.

Reply to Which TRV in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock