Discuss Where is the weirdest place you've fixed a leak. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
As the title says, where is the weirdest place you have fixed a leak?
this is mine today,
the lead pipe was punctured by a nail.
image.jpgtel:0843%20538%200393

anyone guess where it is?

I thought a grave at first :lol:

spot on, 200 year old grave, opened so bodies can be moved to new area, due to a building going here, everyone thought lead pipe was dead! As well, so tried with a nail just to see,
4 bodies were removed, then I could go in do temporary repair.
watched another person being moved while I was there, amazing what you learn.
the bottom of the grave is approximately 2.1 m deep

You saying they buried someone then the water board come along and laid their main above the coffin then someone else was chucked in afterwards? Crickey!!! You'd have thought they'd have chosen a more appropriate route to run their pipe than weaving between grave stones :lol:

Not only water, 75mm gas main and 3 phase cable, grave was 200 years old though,

I wouldn't want to go down there knowing it was a grave, would kind of freak me out a bit to be honest. Its making me feel a bit funny just thinking about it haha.

spot on, 200 year old grave, opened so bodies can be moved to new area, due to a building going here, everyone thought lead pipe was dead! As well, so tried with a nail just to see,

Yeehaa, what do i win? ;)

Were the residents haunted by low water pressure then?

As the title says, where is the weirdest place you have fixed a leak?

Can't compete with a grave!

Weirdest - a double decker bus fitted out as a hippy caravan

Stupidest - mother-in-law's bathroom. Shoulda left that one to the professionals.

On a bidet in ronnie corbetts en suite.

Ronnie Corbett doesn't have an en suite. At least he didn't. According to his daughter. And to be honest...... I only really saw her bedroom......

And Corbett in the kitchen the next morning. Didn't seem too pleased to see me for some reason.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where is the weirdest place you've fixed a leak. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock