Discuss when to sweep in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
doing a gas fire insall, the fire that came out was not a solid fuel fire and the chimney as never been used for solid fuel in the past, whats bugging me is there seems to be quite a bit of soot etc on the walls of the chimney, quite normal your saying,yes, but my question is at what point would you consider getting the chimney swept.?????

Whenever there is stuff in the chimney is time to sweep, especially when changing fires.

second that, especially if no terminal fitted a smoke bomb will often go through a nest

Have condemned a lot of oil boilers over the years with blocked flues the homeowners never bother getting swept. Very dangerous if flue gases can get into the house.

Have condemned a lot of oil boilers over the years with blocked flues the homeowners never bother getting swept. Very dangerous if flue gases can get into the house.

would you consider a liner even if integrity of chimney(flue)was fine

no it would not be needed the problem is unless you check it in conjunction with a roofer you wont know if the mid feathers have failed,you can sometimes see smoke coming out of more than one flue,but need to check its integrity from the top as well

always sweep when changing fuel types. its a dear job to add the flueliner but its not hard to explain why its needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to when to sweep in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back