Search the forum,

Discuss Whats the best Push Fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steveafoss

Which is the best push fit for continuous use (for testing) Has anyone found a pushfit thats good for testing use, there's nothing worse when testing all ok then you cannot remove the bloody thing, i have to cut several off and get them off in a vice.

Cheers

speed fit caps are best for testing, easy to remove and last well when re-using them.

Yep Speedfit, but I find the caps lose their grip after several uses and much prefer a compression cap.

Find that too, - the speedfit stopends lose their grip after just a few times. I only use for temp plug, & prefer brass or Cu for all jobs.
A turning movement sometimes helps as you pull the plugs off, or just use an adjustable spanner, loose on pipe & hammer it against the collar of plug.
I find a little silicone grease helps get the push fit plugs on & off.

Last edited:
How do you get those hep sleeves out of the cap

Last edited by a moderator:
With long nose pliers. Though sometimes you just can't get them out. A right pain in the backside. Don't use Hep anymore.

PolyPlumb every time - rugged and tough. Non-demountable, but I try and get it right first time. Don't like the new Hep2O as the fittings are huge and you need to carry one of those tools to get the joints apart.

Last edited:
Devil of a job to get the inserts out of hep -they are like fish barbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats the best Push Fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock