Discuss What is your... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratrace

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Preferred method of sealing up existing flue gaps when you have done a combi swap gents? fitting a ecotec pro 28 and there will be a considerable gap around the new flue once fitted. Looking for some pointers from you experienced folk, first swap after passing my exams and is the only bit that im not sure on.

Preferred method of sealing up existing flue gaps when you have done a combi swap gents? fitting a ecotec pro 28 and there will be a considerable gap around the new flue once fitted. Looking for some pointers from you experienced folk, first swap after passing my exams and is the only bit that im not sure on.

so what are you replacing bf to pf?

Sorry mate you've lost me there. Replacing a old vaillant combi with a new eco tec and just wondering whether you brick around the new flue or use some other method.

Sorry mate you've lost me there. Replacing a old vaillant combi with a new eco tec and just wondering whether you brick around the new flue or use some other method.

if your replacing a bf(balanced flue) with a modern boiler like a condenser which will normally be pf or ff powered flue or fanned flue then you would use bricks or (commons)in the builders merchants and sand and cement. if your just sealing around the new flue, sand and cement with due regard to flue removal if the expansion vessel fails if applicable on the valiant

Last edited by a moderator:
get some ready mixed pug and brick it up mate. i find its best to ask the customer exactly what they want they may even have some old bricks that match in with the house.

Yeah i bought 8 bricks and some sand and cement and managed to make quite a nice job of it for my first attempt at bricking up. Thanks chaps :)

Yeah i bought 8 bricks and some sand and cement and managed to make quite a nice job of it for my first attempt at bricking up. Thanks chaps :)

Pleased you got sorted,remember brick up,fill joints and leave for about 1/2hr while tidying up,then point and brush off
With a bit more experience ratrace you will only be using 7 bricks!!:p

ive seen the old balanced flue drilled to the size of a new faned flue, i had to look twice

come to think of it it was a neat job!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is your... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock