Search the forum,

Discuss WC cistern handle for the Visually impaired in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone has come across this before.

I am a plumber for a housing association, one of my jobs is to source a 2 x WC cistern handle for a tenant who's daughter is very visually impaired. The two close couple suites have paddle cistern handles but with them being chrome she finds its hard to see them.

Does anyone know of anywhere who do cistern handles in the same colour as the grab rails (blue) as I know that colour is detectable by people who are struggling with their sight.

Thanks in advance.

1. I'm not aware of anyone making blue flush handles, let alone those for the paddle type (assuming you mean the Ideal Standard type).
2. Would wrapping it in blue electrical insulating tape serve as a temporary measure? This tap will come undone / go sticky over time, but perhaps there is someone in the household who could periodically rewrap it.

I've fitted / replaced loads of Spatula handles and never seen a couloured / Blue one.

Plastidip might be the solution.
It's a sprayed or dipped on rubberised coating, should last a good while.

Alternately for a super hard wearing coating maybe find someone who does ceramics and have the paddle / spatular handle coated

I believe bright orange sticky dots are available, but not sure that would help? Might be a market for them (bright or blue coloured handles)? Hmm lightbulb moment.

Sand the chrome off and as above plasti dip them

At the risk of seeming insensitive, the handle will never move and it’s position can be learned/felt for relative to the edge of the cistern etc.
I have a blind friend and it is things that move which cause her problems.

Reply to WC cistern handle for the Visually impaired in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock