Search the forum,

Discuss Water not heating. Worcester Greenstar 30CDi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have a worcester greenstar 30 CDi Classic regular.

The central heating is working fine but the water is not heating.
If i put the system off for about 10 mins and start it up again it still does not heat the water.

I am not getting an error code.

Where do I start?

thanks
teslacar (BTW I do not own a tesla, was just a name that came to mind when registering!)

Last edited:
Port valve probably gone or stuck

By the cylinder

By the cylinder
Is this the port valve?
I pulled this off and it 'started'
i've sprayed some WD-40 on it and am turning the water on and off every 15 mins so the WD-40 gets in and around.
I'm just checking to see if the water is heating, have been using the immersion the last few days.
Looks like it is only ÂŁ50 and a simple change with 4 wires.

Attachments

• portvalve.jpeg
    portvalve.jpeg
    384.3 KB · Views: 7
Yes that’s a 2 port valve sunvic I think that one is you can’t get them any more

But I believe they have the same base as danfoss

Yes that’s a 2 port valve sunvic I think that one is you can’t get them any more

But I believe they have the same base as danfoss
Brilliant, thanks. Indeed I cant find this one anymore but have seen the danfoss one so will order one and see how it goes.
The wd-40 seemed to work for a day, or seemed as if it did but maybe has nothing to do with it as it is no longer working.
it worked well yesterday as I put the water on and off every 15 mins for over and hour and it worked.
Clearly this unit is tired.
I will order the danfoss, just wondering if you have any more info on this item such as examples of any other replacement items I would be very grateful.

Thank you for all your help.

Aslong as the body is free you will be fine

You have to be careful on the wiring as some of them were powered off (eg live from satisfied on the hw stat ) on a danfoss you don’t need this

Attachments

• E227887D-6956-4D1C-BBA6-10D713707F85.gif
    E227887D-6956-4D1C-BBA6-10D713707F85.gif
    57.6 KB · Views: 5

You have to be careful on the wiring as some of them were powered off (eg live from satisfied on the hw stat ) on a danfoss you don’t need this

I have the danfoss but it doesn't fit on the plate of the range. It's just king of loose where as the range one sits tight.
regarding the wiring I'm not sure what you mean, I was just going to replace the wires like for like from the range wires.

Can i buy a plate for the danfoss to fit without buying / replacing the pipe unit?
Am i ok replacing the wires like for like as the range?
is there any other unit that is more compatible?

thanks for your help

Any pictures of the existing plate ?

I’m guessing the danfoss head doesn’t sit on / fully down due to the raised lip and yours slightly different to the sunvic ones must be really old

Two options

One cut the external brass collar aslong as there’s no seal to like the new danfoss one

Or change the whole valve or if you can isolate either side undo the 4 screws and swap the internals with the new danfoss

So the plate says sunvic and the range acutator has the part code SZM 1801 which is the same for the sunvic actuator so i guess the range is just an oem part with 'range' written on the plastic cover.
I've ordered the sunvic as it seems to be exactly the same part.

The danfoss sits but is loose as it doesn't reach the raised stud you can see in the bottom right corner of the plate.
`the range one sits on the raised part of the plate which holds it in.
The danfoss came with 2 screws which seem to correspond with a danfoss plate, i guess i could drill into the plate i have
in the top left corner and put a screw in that to hold it but i'm not 100% that this will hold it firm.

I will wait for the sunvic one to arrive and take it from there.

Are you 100% sure the sunvic has the same upstand as the ones I’ve seen are like the danfoss ones eg no upstand

Are you 100% sure the sunvic has the same upstand as the ones I’ve seen are like the danfoss ones eg no upstand
It looks exactly the same from the pictures I saw of underneath the sunvic model which matches the range one I have exactly, where as the danfoss one has a black plastic bottom section which when sat on the 'pin' doesn't reach the raised section of the plate. The danfoss looks slightly different from underneath whereas the sunvic looks exactly the same so the range looks like an exact oem of the sunvic. I'll find out when it arrives!
For now sometimes it works and sometimes it just needs taking off, then it seems to start so i just put it back on and it heats the water - for now! I should get the sunvic early next week.

Thanks for your help.
When it arrives i'll update here.

I don't know if just the plate can be changed, it has 4 screws but I have not tried, i may have a go when the repalcement comes. This would mean I could just change the plate without changing the pipe section. Then I could use the danfoss actuator. I can't find the plate to buy on it's own. The advantge here is the danfoss is much cheaper than the sunvic but for now i'm happy to use the sunvic.

The Sunvic arrived a few days ago but I decided to wait till the weekend so I could change it during the day, Typical, the 'broken' one has worked the entire week without issue. Since only oiling it, it stopped working twice at the begining but has now worked for about a week without any issues. I decided to change it in any case so i know the new one is actually working and i'll keep the old 'broken' one as a spare, just in case!

The sunvic one I bought is exactly the same as the 'range' one that was installed, it fit perfectly, the range is clearly just an oem sunvic. The danfoss is cheaper but either I need a new plate (which I cannot find) or I change the whole thing including the pipe which I wanted to avoid.

Thanks for the help, it seems to be working fine.

Reply to Water not heating. Worcester Greenstar 30CDi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Worcester Boiler - GREENSTAR 8000 Life - Heating anomaly I have recently noticed when I have lost power to my boiler and power is then reinstated that the Central Heating comes on. Is this the norm?…ALL CH controls are off.
Replies
Views
Last May had a new Greenstar 4000 boiler fitted and only recently started using the heating. Once the set room temperature is reached the boiler modulates (presumably) and stays running for very long periods (many hours) but the circulating water is only luke warm (about 35 degrees) Any heating...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! My Worcester Greenstar 30CDi Combi boiler started making a rather loud juddering noise two nights ago. I bled all the radiators and releaaed air from the system. Repressurised the system afterwards with the water valve and the noise had stopped... until about the same the next day...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock