Discuss Water leak from HWSC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chers

Hello all

I was called out yesterday to a water leak coming through a ceiling,it turned out to be the HWSC in the hotpress above.There is a constant trickle of water from the primary flow where at its joint with the essex flange.I have advised customer that as the cylinder is around 30 years old that a replacement is required however she is considering a combi boiler therefore no need for a cylinder.
I have been asked to do a temporary repair on the cylinder in the meantime.Question is can anyone recommend a sealant/putty that can be applied sucessfully over a wet joint ?

You can get two part epoxy resin puttys. Cost two quid a roll from Tool Station. I've never used it to solve a leak, but it does appear in the plumbing section of the catalogue so it may be used for that.

I use it if I need to fill a hole, let it set and redrill it. The stuff goes bullet hard after about 5 minutes.

sorry forgot that Tool station links don't work.

Try the tool station website and go search for item number 59360. Page 307 in their catalogue.

Thanks Dannypipe
I was thinking something like epoxy putty might work.If something would work without draining down it would be great although it might be a big ask.i I searched the net and came across one called "No nonsense external leak sealer" 50g tube,it claims to seal up joints even when wet . Ever used/heard of it ? or anyone that has ?

that sounds the same as fernox lsx. i would go with danny's suggestion.

I have used the epoxt stuff once with great success, just make sure you use a knife and really push it into the joint. It's not what you see outside that's important it's getting it into that joint.

Good luck mate.

Think im gonna try the epoxy putty,do you think it would work while the joint is wet or would it have to be drained down,dried off and allowed to set/harden ?

Think im gonna try the epoxy putty,do you think it would work while the joint is wet or would it have to be drained down,dried off and allowed to set/harden ?

When I used it I drained down and dried the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water leak from HWSC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock