Search the forum,

Discuss Wanting the moon on a stick.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people won't be told.

I'm more surprised the building manager is allowing it to happen

It's not like it can be valves of if it overruns which it will

How's it go John, you can't educate pork

Come on, I thought you commercial boys bent 2.5" barrel over your knee with a spring? And cutting threads in situ, in a small chase below floor level and inside a ceiling void - don't you do that as a matter of course?

My illusions are all being shattered here...

Silly thing is there is someone out there stupid enough to try it and will instantly become out of their depth I doubt he'll be willing to pay its real cost

impossible to say without seeing the whole job but sean cobs comments about galvanised pipe being unsuitable for hot and cold water is rubbish must co0mmercial and larger buildings will be in iron iff its heating its probably not even galvanised just black
time scale is very tight but if its something that can be prefabbed and fitted with two unions its not impossible two cuts and two threads using a hand held but the picture shows tees on the pipework so very unlikley to be that easy
also the op doesnt say if its heating or water heating could be left drained at this time of year as many are turned of for summer

impossible to say without seeing the whole job but sean cobs comments about galvanised pipe being unsuitable for hot and cold water is rubbish must co0mmercial and larger buildings will be in iron iff its heating its probably not even galvanised just black
time scale is very tight but if its something that can be prefabbed and fitted with two unions its not impossible two cuts and two threads using a hand held but the picture shows tees on the pipework so very unlikley to be that easy
also the op doesnt say if its heating or water heating could be left drained at this time of year as many are turned of for summer

"hot water supply mains "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wanting the moon on a stick.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am a newly qualified gas engineer in Norwich and looking to gain some experience by working alongside someone. I am happy to travel a reasonable distance. Any advice would be gratefully received. thanks
Replies
Views
We are looking for Commercial Gas Engineers to join a Major company on various projects around South of England primarily working on Gas Service / Mains replacement activities. Excellent Salary and Benefits, permanent position. Relocation payment can be discussed. Please get in touch if...
Replies
Views
C
Hey peeps, So looking into changing careers and wanting to know how hard and what things do you need to do become a qualified gas engineer? Thanks
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex. I am a ltd company thats been running for 12 years and am now looking to expand. Ideally im looking for someone who is self employed (or another ltd...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock