Discuss Variable flow Water Pump for instant water heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DuckyUC

Hi again

I fitted a instant electric water heater to supply hot water for whole flat
but the hot water flow are quite low

So I am finding a pump that can:

1. pump only on when water flow
so no pump noise all the time and the pump have longer live

2. pump can tune how much water flow/pressure to increase
the water heater have a max 10bar Rated pressure
If the water flow too high the water heater wont able to heat up the water to require temperature

I find a pump call Salamander home boost on google
It only on when water flow but it design to maintain 12L/min all the time so I do worry that will give too high water flow and the water heater wont able to heat up the water to require temperature.

Any recommend for water pumps?

The instant heater normally place within 2M from the shower head, as I place it in boiler room the hot water pump can restore the pressure lost when the water pass through the pipe.

The instant heater normally place within 2M from the shower head, as I place it in boiler room the hot water pump can restore the pressure lost when the water pass through the pipe.

No problem
Ill see you when your back asking how do I get the water hotter after I have added a pump to system
Look forward to reading it
Now I'm out lol

using your maths you are going to shower with 60degree hot water if you have an unvented cylinder? if so then your maths is correct but the third person wont be able to have a shower, they will be too busy taking the first two people to the burns ward of the local hospital.

chrispy duck LOL

or should i say chrispy duckyUC

Last edited:
The pulsa coil boiler do have an internal hot water pump to increase the pressure too, I cant see the why install a hot water pump will cause problem for the instant heater.
Since the pump can tune the output, I can get the increase pressure at the level I need without temp drop too much.

If you say no to the set up, please give a physical reason to it. Otherwise that will become the fight of religion again.

The pulsa coil boiler do have an internal hot water pump to increase the pressure too, I cant see the why install a hot water pump will cause problem for the instant heater.
Since the pump can tune the output, I can get the increase pressure at the level I need without temp drop too much.

If you say no to the set up, please give a physical reason to it. Otherwise that will become the fight of religion again.

What are you on

Gray0689:

For your problem , that is why I need a pump can tune the output to stop excess cold water flow.
Even In the worst case the pump wont make difference, but if the plan work then the whole system are way better than the storage idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
AWheating:

even you get 60C in the unvent that will only store 10-15% more heat then a tank @ 55C
It may change from 40min shower to 50min shower, but then it will take even longer time to heat up the whole tank.

And for instant system you mix the hot water with cold water, at least the chance of the unvert blow up are more likely then I go to hospital.

Why not give a suggestion of the best unvent system physically exist? much more easy to discuss the performance etc.

Having difference opinion is the point of the forum and discussion, if everyone have the same opinion all post will finish in 1 reply.

Unvent the best!

going to your level reasoning for a min, does the third person stand outside the bathroom for 40mins, seems like a waste of time to me.

maybe some diversity to your military routine is needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Variable flow Water Pump for instant water heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock