Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant EcoTec 630 - will only partially fire and won't heads the rads in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all,

I'm new and shiny here and seem to have developed a heating problem this morning. Any pointers for a quick resolution would be appreciated as my ears are now hurting! :rolleyes:

I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 630 driving rads, hot water and underfloor heating in some of the house via manifolds.

This morning, all of a sudden with no changes to any controls, we have hot water, a warm kitchen floor but cold rads. The TRVs are open, the old school Honeywell thermostat is asking for heat and the Honeywell timing controls are in the "on" position.

The boiler itself: rad water heat is set to 75. It seems to fire properly for water but it won't go beyond the lowest indicated flame on the display for rads. There's enough water in the system with the level set bang in the middle of the min/max and pressure at about 2.1 bar.

I've reset it twice by pressing and holding the flame button but the best I get is about 60 deg C on the display with the flame at "idle" speed. It doesn't go out entirely unless the stat temp is lowered to eliminate the demand.

But the rads are still stone cold, so not even that 60 deg C is getting through to them.

Anything I can do/press as a non-expert user to sort this out?

Thanks in advance.....

Reply to Vaillant EcoTec 630 - will only partially fire and won't heads the rads in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating Not Working Normally. When I turn on the heating, it doesn’t start. However, I still receive hot water, suggesting the boiler does work in some...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock