Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Update to previous thread re Vailant Ecotec 837See in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jogon

From here
http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/73449-vailant-ecotec-837-a.html

So, had Vaillant called out to service the boiler, could find nothing wrong with it, they also pumped up whatever it is that has a schrader valve on it? Expansion tank?

I mentioned that I was having to keep bleeding the radiator and the reply was that it was possibly the expansion tank or if not that it was a small flexible pipe underneath that may have a seal gone? I would of thought this would have figured in the service or at least when put on notice it would have been checked.

Well I'm still having to take water out of the system, every 3 days i drain it down to 1bar on the digital display (not the small window with a meter as that seems more of an indicator than anything accurate, by the third day the pressure (when the heating is off and cold for a few hours) is back up to around 2.8 (by the digital display)

The small flexible hose, am i right to assume that

A: This is a Vaillant only part and cannot be sourced from any good plumbing centre and that
B: That it can only be fitted by a qualified (gas safe/corgi) engineer?

I want to take out a service plan on the boiler but feel that until this issue is fixed that I cant and I'm away in the
next few days and don't want to leave it the wife to remove water from the system.

Bloomin nuisance that it wasn't sorted at service even though I'd flagged it.

it will not be the hose as the only fault you get witha hose is a leak it will be the service valve passing you will need to turn of the main to change it are you sure its shut properly ?

Is it a built in one like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 49
If you were replacing the filling point then you'd manage that however your pressure problem is more likely the ex.vessel , I know the vailants guy said it was ok but might have tiny leak internally so when he pumped it up it would've worked fine for a bit ,it would need to be fitted by qualified engineer or at least have an engineer check over the problem, a service wouldn'tve covered replacing parts only notifying you of the fault,, nothing worse than pressure bounce,

If you were replacing the filling point then you'd manage that however your pressure problem is more likely the ex.vessel , I know the vailants guy said it was ok but might have tiny leak internally so when he pumped it up it would've worked fine for a bit ,it would need to be fitted by qualified engineer or at least have an engineer check over the problem, a service wouldn'tve covered replacing parts only notifying you of the fault,, nothing worse than pressure bounce,
plus one 1 to what kris said above.sometimes when pumped up they can they work for a day then back to square one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Update to previous thread re Vailant Ecotec 837See in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock