Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented immersion stat playing up in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve got a stelflow 250L with 2 immersions fed by a change over stat so when top is hot bottom starts heating.

anyway the bottom stat recently tripped so I reset it. All was well but today it’s playing up again. I can hear it click if I mess with the casing.

it’s a cotherm TSE. I’m going to get a new one are there any better ones on the market?

In a normal economy7 setup yes.

but mine are fed from a solar diverter. So I want to heat the top of the tank first, as depending on the amount of solar power I can capture during the day depends on if I get a full tank or half tank of hot water.

anyway are there any better options than just replacing with the same cotherm tse? What is this MFS technology?

I am not a lover of those stats , try a Thermtec stat , fits the same and is a straight forward swap

just googled that make and it seems they have been bought out by Heatrod, who seems to sell cotherm.

the cotherm has only lasted 6 years of summer only use, as only really operates when I have enough bright sun to heat the whole tank. So not great.

6 , you have done well , try unvented components , sorry dont know how to do links
Visited the site and there are stats from about 11 different manufacturers.

[automerge]1589570826[/automerge]
Strange thing is they all have the same pic of a unival stat, but have different prices.

Will it be ok for an unvented tank?

ive had a look at the therowatt site and there are a few versions, any better than another?
[automerge]1589664424[/automerge]
Can anyone confirm?

what’s the difference between RTS and RTS Plus?

Last edited:

Reply to Unvented immersion stat playing up in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock