Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented immersion stat playing up in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve got a stelflow 250L with 2 immersions fed by a change over stat so when top is hot bottom starts heating.

anyway the bottom stat recently tripped so I reset it. All was well but today it’s playing up again. I can hear it click if I mess with the casing.

it’s a cotherm TSE. I’m going to get a new one are there any better ones on the market?

In a normal economy7 setup yes.

but mine are fed from a solar diverter. So I want to heat the top of the tank first, as depending on the amount of solar power I can capture during the day depends on if I get a full tank or half tank of hot water.

anyway are there any better options than just replacing with the same cotherm tse? What is this MFS technology?

I am not a lover of those stats , try a Thermtec stat , fits the same and is a straight forward swap

just googled that make and it seems they have been bought out by Heatrod, who seems to sell cotherm.

the cotherm has only lasted 6 years of summer only use, as only really operates when I have enough bright sun to heat the whole tank. So not great.

6 , you have done well , try unvented components , sorry dont know how to do links
Visited the site and there are stats from about 11 different manufacturers.

[automerge]1589570826[/automerge]
Strange thing is they all have the same pic of a unival stat, but have different prices.

If I may, you can safely follow tfj advice even if you don't follow his chosen football team
Lol

Will it be ok for an unvented tank?

ive had a look at the therowatt site and there are a few versions, any better than another?
[automerge]1589664424[/automerge]
Can anyone confirm?

what’s the difference between RTS and RTS Plus?

Last edited:

Reply to Unvented immersion stat playing up in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock