Search the forum,

Discuss Unsafe install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

went to to a baxi duo tec last night, boiler is cycling every couple of seconds so no hot water or CH. Customer says he seen a E133 fault code. I'm thinking it's the flame electrode as it fires up but goes of straight away and repeats so it must not be seeing the burner lit. Either that or pcb

anyway, took a quick look at the overall boiler, flue had silver tape all over the flue, thought that's funny. Asked customer about it, he said something about the flue being too short. Checked terminal outside and it looked fine apart from being slightly squwif. Took the flue of to see if it was seated into the elbow properly, it was fine so put it back together and decide to FGA it. Showed a CO reading on air intake side so took flue back off and removed all of the tape.
Im so glad I did as this is what I found, boiler is now disconnected.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

jeees riddor!!! shoot me down if im saying something stupid but how did you FGA when you couldnt get the boiler lit?

jeees riddor!!! shoot me down if im saying something stupid but how did you FGA when you couldnt get the boiler lit?

boiler does light for a few secs then goes off and repeats. I understand that on initial firing, some boilers produce high co levels which eventually settle. Even so, no co should ever be in the air intake side of things.

I thought it was riddor reportable but I can't find it in my unsafe situations book. What would happen to the engineer who fitted it if it's reported?

boiler does light for a few secs then goes off and repeats. I understand that on initial firing, some boilers produce high co levels which eventually settle. Even so, no co should ever be in the air intake side of things.

I thought it was riddor reportable but I can't find it in my unsafe situations book. What would happen to the engineer who fitted it if it's reported?

Hed get sat on the naughty step and told not to do it again.

why do you need your unsafe situ book and why bother testing it if the flue looked like that in the first place. Personally I would have ripped off the tape the minute i saw it all to see why it was being used. no brainer to me as its id and riddor.

I've seen installers tape up flues almost like that before just to satisfy themselves. on removing it, there's nothing wrong but it creates more work for me as it looks suspect so I have to test. I couldn't see other flue joint as it was in the wall.

anyone using that much tape is a plonker, grade 1 of the highest calibre. Apart from anything else, it costs money :)

Electrodes too close. What will happen .... Nothing.

4.1.2 GSUIP

Just Apply them

Fitted new flue tonight, so that's in order

problen with boiler is because there's water in the supply. It was bouncing everywhere

anyone using that much tape is a plonker, grade 1 of the highest calibre. Apart from anything else, it costs money :)
Exactly.
This was obviously more than bit tape round joint of a telescopic flue.
You see that much tape you know its hiding something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unsafe install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
Have this boiler since last November and have given up on the installer and have another person coming this week. Supplier here in Ireland came out and said there was an issue with the flue install (it's in the attic and exits through the roof close to the chimney). Old installer who has done...
Replies
Views
noxyireland
N
Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed all checks, provided certs etc. The government/Green scheme sends 2 other gas boiler engineers to double and triple check things and One was Bosch...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no need for zone valves, controling it with a V-Smart and a VR10. I've spoken to Vaillant Tech and they said you cannot use the VR10 with a vented...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has been serviced regularly over the years by different engineers with no issues. Last time , the guy wanted to condem it due to not being compliant with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock