Discuss underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin b

Gas Engineer
Im installing underfloor heating in a 30sq metre room. the boiler is a new vaillant 428 heat only boiler. the existing pump is with the cylinder in the loft. its going to be difficult to tee into the flow after the pump to connect to the ufh. would i be better moving the pump next to the boiler in order to place it in front of the ufh pump or if i move it anyway would it be powerful enough to run the ufh and heating on its own. is there any other way around this problem.

Your system pump should not be used for the ufh. Not on 30sqm! Should have its own pump and mixing with that size of floor.
If you move the pump, you will have to move the vent too.

Your system pump should not be used for the ufh. Not on 30sqm! Should have its own pump and mixing with that size of floor.
If you move the pump, you will have to move the vent too.

Thanks for that, so is there a better way around the problem.

No matter what you do, you are going to have to have a mixing set-up and a pump after the mixing set-up.

There is no way possible you are going manage a radiator system and UFH system with one pump.
Even id you reduced the rads down to @ 50C you would still struggle to have a operable system

Thanks for that, so is there a better way around the problem.

Unfortunately , there is no short cut. If you fit the connections for the ufh before the pump, you can create all sorts of back flow problems.
options are.
run ufh mains to cylinder position and connect after pump.fit motorised valve.
move pump to boiler and extend the vent to before the pump. Tee in after pump and fit motorised valve.
fit system boiler and connect in to main flow and return. Fit motorised valve.
all these options will need a mixing set to reduce the water temp of the ufh and pump round the circuits.
ufh will need 3 loops at 60m in length for 730m2

Last edited:
Some spacing? 60m for 730m2 what dia pipe 225mm ?

I would do the following because I'm awesome.

Remove header tank for ch. Install a filling loop and expansion vessel in airing cup along with two two ports - assume it's still y plan. Relocate pump and your away!

Some spacing? 60m for 730m2 what dia pipe 225mm ?

I would do the following because I'm awesome.

Remove header tank for ch. Install a filling loop and expansion vessel in airing cup along with two two ports - assume it's still y plan. Relocate pump and your away!

Where did that "7" come from!!! Should have read 30m2 :bomb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock