Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating 1 room not warming up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi,
I'm hoping somebody could offer some advice. we have an underfloor heating system in 2 rooms (seperate zones, thermostat in each) it works fine in the first room but in the second room it doesn't get warm. what is confusing is the return feed for this room is hot so water is running through it but the room remains cold not even warm. has anyone ever come across anything like this?

It's got me stumped...

Thanks in Advance!

So if you're saying that the actual loops are all getting hot....but the room is still cold - then it must be a bad design. Or maybe the flow rates are wrong and the system isn't balanced. How long has it been in?

is the return warm ish?

OP please register with us. You will get more answers

Hi Thanks for the replies,
I am can confirm the return is definitely hot not just warm I can't give accurate temperature readings but to generalise , zone one heat output is 100% heat return is about 60% zone 2 output is 100% return is about 95%. zone 1 warms up but zone 2 remains cold. this system has been in place for about 18 months and last winter worked fine, it was shut off during summer and I turned back on last week. I'm an engineer (electrical) so have a bit of common sense (a little bit!) but I can't figure out what could have happened since last year that could have caused this. its almost like during the summer someone broke in ripped up my floors and stuck a load of lagging on the pipes! (pretty sure they didn't before anyone suggests that!)

Thanks for the tip Riley I'll register now.

can you feel any flow though the return/ flow indicator?

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating 1 room not warming up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock