Search the forum,

Discuss u gauge fluid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiebrown424

hi

does anyone know if you can use monument fluid or any other in all monument u gauges?

Thanks in advance

Eddie

there two types of fluid one is just water with a colour added the other is a different specific gravity and only usable in the gauge its designed for if you just have a plain u gauge any of the colored water types will be ok

If its the ordinary 30mb Monument gauge it uses water with no additives. No other fluid, nor water with any additives, unless the fluids's specific gravity / relative density is 1.0, will give the correct readings.

Three options:

a. Clean the old one. I live in London, so hard water, and what I do is:

i. Empty, re-fill with hot water and lime-scale dissolver (Kilrock)
ii. Empty, re-fill with hot water and detergent. Shake it around.
iii. Repeat ii. several times.
iv. Re-fill with cold tap water and use as normal

b. Buy the Regin one that use blue fluid (REGU40). Pricey to buy and the fluid is over ÂŁ7.00 for a (small) bottle), but easy to see the readings.

c. Get a digital electronic one. Again pricey and has to be re-calibrated every year.

cheers all thanks for the advise opted for the regin against better judgement re cost i think. The monument fluid costs a fortune

Regin fluid is very approx ÂŁ10.00 for 5 millilitres, it equates to roughly 7.5k for a gallon, its a good job diesel isnt that price

I usually wait until I've had a full day on the swally, then use the first droplets of the "emptying of the bladder ceremony" in the morning
Generally (depending on the drink of choice) it's springfield yellow/orange and shows up well
For Springfield see The Simpsons

Three options:

a. Clean the old one. I live in London, so hard water, and what I do is:

i. Empty, re-fill with hot water and lime-scale dissolver (Kilrock)
ii. Empty, re-fill with hot water and detergent. Shake it around.
iii. Repeat ii. several times.
iv. Re-fill with cold tap water and use as normal

b. Buy the Regin one that use blue fluid (REGU40). Pricey to buy and the fluid is over ÂŁ7.00 for a (small) bottle), but easy to see the readings.

c. Get a digital electronic one. Again pricey and has to be re-calibrated every year.

Why-Not just use distilled water , save messing around keep cleaning it out, melted ice from freezer !!

Oxford English Dictcionary clearly states
Swally:-
A day/afternoon where the defendant/witness has indulged in the social benefits of alcohol

Oxford English Dictcionary clearly states
Swally:-
A day/afternoon where the defendant/witness has indulged in the social benefits of alcohol

Never heard of a chuffin swally before lol , must be a swamp thing me thinks. Up in Yorkshire we just get ratted , sorry used to lol

I think it started life as a "soire" then over the years morphed into swally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to u gauge fluid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock