Discuss Trianco Eurostar problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Chaps, Im running out of steam on this one..

Trianco Eurostar 90 (Sterling burner)
Low level balanced flue.
Plastic tank, no apparent water ingress.

Called out as boiler packed up - motor seized. Changed motor.

Called out about 6 months ago as it kept locking out. Didnt find much wrong with it visibly but oil supply was weak, checked line and cleaned out tank filter, replaced fire valve as that seemed to be stemming flow.

Called out couple of weeks later as locked out again, wouldnt start. EBi blown. Changed Ebi and of course control box and photocell (shorter MZ770). All good.

Called out a month ago as intermittently locking out again. FGA good but pump pressure at 6 bar. Increased pump pressure and set air to match - FGA textbook. Removed snorkel and sealed hole (plenty of ambient air).

Called back last week as it keeps happening still. Custard noticed locks out when hot......changed coil.

Called back this morning, same thing.

Now, I havnt charged for last 2 visits as this is crazy (and custard 5 minutes from my house). I have charged before and by now it would have been cheaper to buy a complete RDB from HWOS and chuck that on.

So in summary:

New coil, control box, EBi, p/cell, motor. Pump pressure stable at 8 bar. FGA textbook. Air intake clean. Only thing thats tumbling around my mind is the pump filter could be a bit bunged up, will check.

Any ideas gratefully accepted (begged for!!!)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
There are so many things that could cause nuisance lock outs on oil burners it's untrue, changing parts sometimes leads to frustration when the problem may be staring you in the face, I worked in combustion for 15 years for two big burner manufactures and what you are experiencing my engineers did.

Just a few points, usually flame lift off is a major problem, flue ways blocked, burner head dirty, bad nozzle, wrong flame angle, flame impinges on boiler wall, after burning in combustion chamber, too much air on cold start, back pressure in the flue, lack of combustion air in boiler room, spark interference on probes, your is a PV cell so that's out, it goes on and on, pity I don't live a bit closer Manchester.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a similar problem with the same burner, it was a ht leada sliht nick in it where it had rubbed against casing, it was the clear lead, replaced with the newstyle leads, also found that one of the electrodes had a hairline crack in it so i replaced that.
All sorted, dont forget the nozzle if you suspectdirt in the oil or even water.

... when the problem may be staring you in the face....

Two words perhaps? Trianco Eurostar.

I've had problems with two of these and both times the customer suggested a change of boiler on my first visit. Two visits later and then new boilers were installed.

Frustrating for you - hope you sort something soon!

Might be daft but you haven't a faulty valve at the tank restricting the oil supply?

my suggestion was similar, how long ago last oil fill that stirs up the sediment blocking the filter, always worth another look.

Just had a similar problem with the same burner, it was a ht leada sliht nick in it where it had rubbed against casing, it was the clear lead, replaced with the newstyle leads, also found that one of the electrodes had a hairline crack in it so i replaced that.
All sorted, dont forget the nozzle if you suspectdirt in the oil or even water.
Well, 2 hours it took me in the end and Kimbo, I wish Id read the post before I went out!! Thats exactly what it was. One of the leads had hardened at the bullet connector and was arcing out, somehow this had also bust the EBI. While there I fitted a new pump by his agreement, therefore except the casing, its a new burner lol. Only 2 slight concerns; ignition seems to run on a little longer than I expect and its a bit fluffy post burn, like there is too much fuel burning off.
Anyhoo, with luck, a long but thorough fix.

Oh and LP, you should know me by now - I am filter king...first thing I sort out :)

Nice one, Bunker! It's always helpful to read the solution so thank you for that.

Hi guys - seeing that we are on the T-eurostar train i was wondering if anyone can help
these are my analyser readings
02 6.3
co2

Hi guys - seeing that we are on the T-eurostar train i was wondering if anyone can help
these are my analyser readings
02 6.3
co2

better to start your own post and complete your figures and question :)

Sorry i did not finish readings
02 6.3
C02 10.8
C0 00 ?
flue 171.8
inlt 89.6
nett 82.2
eff 96.1
losses 3.9
x air 43.1
co/co2 0.0000
any feed back would be a great help
many thanks
boiler is working fine, it was set at 8.5 bar and co2 was only reading 6.4,which is very low
mi states 7.5 bar pressure, but reducing brings down c02
alterd air to get back to 10.8 which should be 11 but other readings are out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trianco Eurostar problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
This sounds like an examination question but it really is a problem two different plumbers have been unable to resolve after spending several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Newbie here so feel free to teach me the etiquette of this place, and apologies for the lengthy opening post. The boiler started locking out...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have a Eurostar 90 that Ive maintaned for 10 years and I think a lot older. I serviced it few months ago. All was good. Then about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock