Search the forum,

Discuss Tour de France this weekend in Yorkshire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

Me and the missus off to watch it in Otley and spend the day there with her spending my money. Anyone going.

No chance but I'll prob be in Battersea when it goes through London.

Jv, from what I have heard you have picked the best place. There is going to be MASSIVE road disruption everywhere, Huddersfield on Sunday will virtually be a closed for cars, if anybody thinks you can just park up and see some bikes fly past , they are in for a shock. Because this is the first and one a off event nobody really knows how many are going to turn up. The police and events team are predicting up to 30 k just on the run up to Holme moss. There's one thing for sure it's going to be massive.

Shame it clashes with the British Grand Prix or we would have been glossop way on Sunday.

Saw the Giro D'Italia when it came through Ireland earlier in the year. Great excitement lining the route. Hang around for an hour with the roads closed off, then the peleton go by in ten seconds excitement over. If your going to see it, record it as we'll on d telly so you can actually see the stage later.
joking aside, it's a one off occasion, so make the most of it. I'm sure the local towns will put on some good entertainment so there should be a bit of a carnival buzz

Don't think this one will get the yellow jersey!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 19
I watched the start in leeds it was class. Yorkshire did itself proud this weekend the entire county made the effort. The next time it's in the UK it has to return to Yorkshire

It was a great day. Great atmosphere shame about Mark Cavendish, but he was big eniugh to say it was his fault and apologise respect to him for that. You wouldnt see that happen in football.

unforgettable weekend, a MASSIVE pat on the back for everybody, perhaps that's why we are known as 'Gods own county'

It was a great day. Great atmosphere shame about Mark Cavendish, but he was big eniugh to say it was his fault and apologise respect to him for that. You wouldnt see that happen in football.

Gutted he's out, it's all on froome now!

I'm not a cycling fan, but been glued to the tv over the last couple of days. Town was busy as well. Loads of people in the town who biked down to Reeth to watch it.

Visibility and organisation was poor to say the least!
Decided to try and see the start in leeds. Best spot was around 150mtrs away - saw the top of the riders heads as they went past.
Then tryed to get the train to harrogate - what a total shambles that was. Eventually arrived in Harrogate to realise the place just wasn't big enough.to hold such an event. Tryed to watch it on the big screen for 20mins but with space, no sound, limited veiwing, lack of facilties and adequate planning for all this we decided to get the train back to leeds and watch it on the big screen. We set off from leicester at 0530 to watch but in hindsight should have found somewhere on the route. We planned to go to sheffield and cambridge but decided against it.
I raced as a schoolboy in the 90s and never thought I would ever see interest in cycling like we have now. Its amazing the way its gone the past few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tour de France this weekend in Yorkshire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock