Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss tool bag or tool box? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alastair

My stanley magnum tool box broke on friday, perfect size box with little compartments on the fornt handy for screws plugs/ washers... Have been looking for a replacement for it all weekend but have found they no longer make them and theres none going on ebay, so is it time to invest in a open top bag? thoughts please?

Open top I find is best, easy to find tools quickly , also lighter. But it all comes down to personal preference.

starting to think that might be the anwser, fatmax tote possibly cant really see any other on the market

They dont last long though when I was installing they lasted max 6 months

I change my mind regularly. I'm using an open tote bag at the moment, £20 from B&Q. Has a few elastic straps on the inside to keep a few spanners, grips and screwdrivers in and loads of pockets to keep other bits and pieces in, including a big one for my multimeter!

liked the old box as its handy to work with as a step or somthing to cut off, decisions descisions...

Installation ck tool the electricans style opens out and everything's there , servicing/breakdown then its a case

Rrrd that's whose to blame for builders thinking they can do plumbing

If you go to work on a train or tube I use to use the plano from b and q. You could also get the hard hat in. The shoulder strap helps.

i used both but prefer a box for accessing tools quicker,useful for that extra inch when your just out of reach and for putting away in some kind of order,,i it's a box for me

i'v just got one of these Stanley-2-in-1-Top-Edge-Toolbox_medium.jpg to replace an open bag

vpp_otxl_med.jpg

i use this, £160, 5 year warrantee. I use it every day, had it for about 2 years and it looks like new. you get what you pay for!

if you want sumet to stand on buy a hopup.

vpp_otxl_med.jpg

i use this, £160, 5 year warrantee. I use it every day, had it for about 2 years and it looks like new. you get what you pay for!

Now that's smart - never seen one of these before

I used to use a Stanley open top tools bag for years, then BG gave me one of these

TOOL BOX (BLUE) 20" C/W STORAGE TRAY

i use it everyday now, for day to say repairs and servicing. I've still got an open top bag but its got my install gear in it.

I wouldn't be without my BG toolbox now. It's amazing, plus I can stand on it :)

vpp_otxl_med.jpg

looks good but for £160 i would want gold handles :biggrin:

I have a Stanley FatMax Xtreme Technician Bag, very handy , but allways turns over if i put it in the boot of my car !!! what a nightmare!!!

My open tote stanley has just given up the ghost after nearly 3 years of loyal service, my mate just got a good deal on a forge steel one from screwfix, they have just opened a new store by me, I might have a gander.

where do i buy these extra eyes you talk about?ive always wanted blue eyes!
Try screwfix, they have everything else

I'll keep an eye out while i'm there.

Last edited:
BQ were doing the stanley fatmax open tote ones for 20 squid yesterday when i was in

I've went back to a toolbox after using a Stanley tote bag for 6 months. The tote kept filling up with dust, dirt and sawdust when working and everything was just too exposed. Decent tools cost a fortune and are my livelihood, so decent protection for them is a must.

I've went back to a toolbox after using a Stanley tote bag for 6 months. The tote kept filling up with dust, dirt and sawdust when working and everything was just too exposed. Decent tools cost a fortune and are my livelihood, so decent protection for them is a must.
exactly why i went back to a tool box

want one of these but cant afford

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tool bag or tool box? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock