Currently reading:
tool bag or tool box?

Discuss tool bag or tool box? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alastair

My stanley magnum tool box broke on friday, perfect size box with little compartments on the fornt handy for screws plugs/ washers... Have been looking for a replacement for it all weekend but have found they no longer make them and theres none going on ebay, so is it time to invest in a open top bag? thoughts please?

I've went back to a toolbox after using a Stanley tote bag for 6 months. The tote kept filling up with dust, dirt and sawdust when working and everything was just too exposed. Decent tools cost a fortune and are my livelihood, so decent protection for them is a must.

I've went back to a toolbox after using a Stanley tote bag for 6 months. The tote kept filling up with dust, dirt and sawdust when working and everything was just too exposed. Decent tools cost a fortune and are my livelihood, so decent protection for them is a must.
exactly why i went back to a tool box

want one of these but cant afford

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 62
I carry my SF2 and 2 spare bottles, flux and all the bits and bobs I need for soldering in a aluminium case that has moveable dividers. Keeps everything clean and in the one place and is fire resistant. On some jobs I remove a bottle and carry a small fire extinguisher.

vpp_otxl_med.jpg

i use this, £160, 5 year warrantee. I use it every day, had it for about 2 years and it looks like new. you get what you pay for!

if you want sumet to stand on buy a hopup.

Couldn't bring myself to spend that. Especially as its too small for me. Looks excellent though.

I have had both, and I prefer a tool box. Easier to keep organised and a quick glance in and you know you have put everything back in. It keeps the tools you are not using at the time protected and free from dust and general crap. Also it is very handy to jump up on for things just out of reach which can be very useful when working in flats to save a trip down 5 flights of stairs to get the hop up out of the van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tool bag or tool box? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back