Currently reading:
tool bag or tool box?

Discuss tool bag or tool box? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alastair

My stanley magnum tool box broke on friday, perfect size box with little compartments on the fornt handy for screws plugs/ washers... Have been looking for a replacement for it all weekend but have found they no longer make them and theres none going on ebay, so is it time to invest in a open top bag? thoughts please?

Open top I find is best, easy to find tools quickly , also lighter. But it all comes down to personal preference.

I change my mind regularly. I'm using an open tote bag at the moment, £20 from B&Q. Has a few elastic straps on the inside to keep a few spanners, grips and screwdrivers in and loads of pockets to keep other bits and pieces in, including a big one for my multimeter!

If you go to work on a train or tube I use to use the plano from b and q. You could also get the hard hat in. The shoulder strap helps.

i used both but prefer a box for accessing tools quicker,useful for that extra inch when your just out of reach and for putting away in some kind of order,,i it's a box for me

i'v just got one of these Stanley-2-in-1-Top-Edge-Toolbox_medium.jpg to replace an open bag

vpp_otxl_med.jpg

i use this, £160, 5 year warrantee. I use it every day, had it for about 2 years and it looks like new. you get what you pay for!

if you want sumet to stand on buy a hopup.

I used to use a Stanley open top tools bag for years, then BG gave me one of these

TOOL BOX (BLUE) 20" C/W STORAGE TRAY

i use it everyday now, for day to say repairs and servicing. I've still got an open top bag but its got my install gear in it.

I wouldn't be without my BG toolbox now. It's amazing, plus I can stand on it :)

I have a Stanley FatMax Xtreme Technician Bag, very handy , but allways turns over if i put it in the boot of my car !!! what a nightmare!!!

My open tote stanley has just given up the ghost after nearly 3 years of loyal service, my mate just got a good deal on a forge steel one from screwfix, they have just opened a new store by me, I might have a gander.

where do i buy these extra eyes you talk about?ive always wanted blue eyes!
Try screwfix, they have everything else

I'll keep an eye out while i'm there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tool bag or tool box? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back