Discuss Tips for finding work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
having spend ages installing bathrooms on new builds, and becoming throughly bored i decided to get myself gas safe registered thinking it would be a doddle finding work.

After an awful lot of expense I've gotten myself gas safe however finding work is far from a doddle, I've been sitting with the yellow pages, trawling the internet trying to find a firm to take me on with no luck as yet

It seems dead out there, before when yould phone for a job they would ask 'are you gas safe,' now its 'do you have 6 years experience,' if I had 6 years experience I wouldnt be calling you, I'd have my own private customers by then and if i didnt i'd be a pretty bad plumber

any advice for getting that 1st job

going self employed, getting your own public liabiliy insurance, and going through agencies

not having to deal with agencys was one of the attractions of becoming gas safe and going self employed is hard when you dont have any customers

just because your GSR doesnt gaurantee you a job, you need to either work hard at advertising if your going it on your own or becoming self employed and sub-contracting and through agencies etc I decided to go on my own, as everyone is wanting alot of years experience and dont give you a chance

Search the job centre website there was a load of sub contracting work on there a while back. Also get yourself down some letting agents they have alot of work as the have to provide LGSC with the properties they rent out

if you are really really desperate and dont mind working for a bunch of rodents you could sub contract to brittish gas I seem to get a call from some agency s nearly every other day asking me

if you are really really desperate and dont mind working for a bunch of rodents you could sub contract to brittish gas I seem to get a call from some agency s nearly every other day asking me

haha.....

rodents

lol send the calls my way id gladly work for rodents lol u didnt see my last boss!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tips for finding work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back