Discuss This can't be right in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got a large house to do, where the architect has had a heating consultant design the heating and hot water spec. It's a very large Victorian 8 bed house.
they have specified 42 mm for hit and balanced cold, which is fine. But on the heating the whole of each floor is supplied by 15mm! This does work out to the rad schedule. But the length of pipework can't be right in 15mm?
the house is being insulated well.
heres a screen shot
1 of the first floor plan and the other is the spec sheet for rads on that floor.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Got a large house to do, where the architect has had a heating consultant design the heating and hot water spec. It's a very large Victorian 8 bed house.
they have specified 42 mm for hit and balanced cold, which is fine. But on the heating the whole of each floor is supplied by 15mm! This does work out to the rad schedule. But the length of pipework can't be right in 15mm?
the house is being insulated well.
heres a screen shot
1 of the first floor plan and the other is the spec sheet for rads on that floor.
View attachment 25434View attachment 25435

How many bathrooms Chalked, 42mm sounds a bit overkill.

I agree 15mm sounds small, what CH pump and other plant have they speced?

Last edited:
Yep wrong and water main sounds good :) I would be surprised if you got away with 22mm might need to put 35mm risers and 28mm circuits going down to 22mm on the last couple

carnt see full spec on me phone

Last edited:
Don't worry about it its off your back someone else has designed it so charge to fit as per drawing .
If it don't work then you charge extra because the architect is an idiot simples.

Just voice your concerns via email and wait for the responses.

State that you are not comfortable installing the heating system as shown on the design and plans provided.

Just make sure you do enough to cover your backside, if the situation ends up in court.
- because you know who they will blame when things don't work - not the engineer or architect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to This can't be right in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am not in UK and the rising fuel and gas prices are forcing me to change my boiler to an efficient one. Right now I have an old non...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock