Search the forum,

Discuss The BEST cheap B-list boiler poll in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newcastle phill

So....some parts of my area arent that affluent and some of the poorer folk dont have a lot of cash - but business is business.
Combined with brand unawareness sometimes simply means that they want the cheapest combi possible.

So out of the cheap boilers available what gets your vote
Not a definitive list so please add other recommendations...

Raven heat
IQE
Ferroli
Biasi
Heat line

Etc

What in your opinion represents the best on the worst and why

I did see 10yr at screwfix on iqe a while back but never fitted one or seen one inside

Either the Main Eco Elite that Hammers mentioned - at £399+ the dreaded, it may weigh a ton, and it certainly isn't cutting edge technology, but if I had to bet my life on a boiler working straight out of the box and keeping working with minimum attention, the Main would be high on my list.

Next choice either the Ideal Independent or maybe the Intergas Rapid 25 as a dark horse.

Main eco elite, have fitted loads and loads for landlords etc when they dont want to spend big £££.

Tried and tested water section, thats easy enough to work on! bit heavy and on the big side! but is by far the best bang for buck on the market imo

as Above the most boilers i fit for landlords/cheaper jobs is the Main eco Elite and the only other boiler i seem to fit is WB green star as Most people seem to want a WB if they've got the money

Yeh guys im aware of the main, but as good as it is for example the ravenheat is still £60 less. I know and you know thats £60 well spent, but even at that price its still too much for some empoverished folk who have to pay for a boiler and arent tennants.

As i say it isnt a case of quality from a reputable brand. Its a case of the cheapest "means to an end" for those that havent 2 beans

Plumb centre sell Vokera something for £399+ vat with flue and clock. It's what I offer as a cheaper option but not sold many as I try and sell the duotec as a minimum.

Mains is absolute limit. If an extra £60is an issue, how can the afford the £600 odd labour to fit the thing?

Well it does come down to that for some people leo.
They just want the cheapest.
As I said they may be at financial breaking point . Not my place to ask

Yeh guys im aware of the main, but as good as it is for example the ravenheat is still £60 less. I know and you know thats £60 well spent, but even at that price its still too much for some empoverished folk who have to pay for a boiler and arent tennants.

As i say it isnt a case of quality from a reputable brand. Its a case of the cheapest "means to an end" for those that havent 2 beans

Watch out for clearance sales of end of line, or our flash sales.

Although we don't sell them any more, I always thought that the Heatline was an under-rated boiler. Apart from the hyper-sensitive condensate trap sensor we didnt get many problems with them.

I know where you're coming from mate My only hesitantance with cheap cheap boilers. Is the callbacks. I relented and fitted a biasi for a landlord yonks ago and it must've gone wrong about six times. I know that it is covered under warranty however I still think it reflects badly on me as they will always call the installer first

Ohh yeh leo, my view is the same as yours.
I have limits and try and give sound advice.
Just gave a few quotes recently with the main eco/elite and no takers.
Now these were very easy installs, no complications with tricky condensate runs etc.
The quotes were lean and i lost out. Called them back as a follow up and they had tat fitted with a cheaper base price so my quote was immediately disadvantaged.
No appreciation of brand quality.
So i figure im trying to find the best of the worst for such customers as spending time quoting with no return is hurting

Ohh yeh leo, my view is the same as yours.
I have limits and try and give sound advice.
Just gave a few quotes recently with the main eco/elite and no takers.
Now these were very easy installs, no complications with tricky condensate runs etc.
The quotes were lean and i lost out. Called them back as a follow up and they had tat fitted with a cheaper base price so my quote was immediately disadvantaged.
No appreciation of brand quality.
So i figure im trying to find the best of the worst for such customers as spending time quoting with no return is hurting

Give them options then, no issues with your conciense then. You tried.

And sometimes you can get long life from a cheap boiler.

My last boiler was a Radiant, which I bet most people on here would rubbish as "cheap shyte". It lasted 18 years, and would probably have done another few if I could have been bothered to nurse it along.

Just fit em the cheapest, then youll get the job. Everyones a winner.

My parents Biasi has been in 12 years and still going strong
Granted its had a new pump, pressure relief, pcb x3, diverter valve, diaphragm, expansion vessel,fan x2, gas valve, pressure gauge x2, heat exchanger, shuttle assembly thingy and afew fuses - good boiler other than that though.
Mind you, its cost me afew quid so I'll probably be keeping it a little longer

Last edited:
Just fit em the cheapest, then youll get the job. Everyones a winner.

My parents Biasi has been in 12 years and still going strong
Granted its had a new pump, pressure relief, pcb x3, diverter valve, diaphragm, expansion vessel,fan x2, gas valve, pressure gauge x2, heat exchanger, shuttle assembly thingy and afew fuses - good boiler other than that though.
Mind you, its cost me afew quid so I'll probably be keeping it a little longer
Yeh true just trying to find out the best of the bargains.

I wont bother trying to educate lol

If only ray could have done me 4 x eco elites @ -10% the other day i wouldnt be a broken man [emoji12].

Its all his fault hah

If only ray could have done me 4 x eco elites @ -10% the other day i wouldnt be a broken man [emoji12].

Its all his fault hah

If you took proper advantage of our 555 promo, you would have effectively got the boilers for £349!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The BEST cheap B-list boiler poll in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock