Discuss tax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevew451

Why dont we just hand over our wages and let them give us some spendy money back because in this country the amount of sublime taxation seems to be expanding every year:mad:

You think that you have it bad for tax, then pity the poor French, this is the deductions in a percentage of my gross salary including what the employer has to pay in relation to my wages from a wage slip of mine dating a few years back

Social Securitie Sickness 0.750% employee, 12.80% employer
Old Age Widows pension 0.100% employee
Old Age Pension 6.550% employee 8.20% employer
Old Age Pension 1.60% employer
Family Benefit 5.40% employer
Other retirement fund 0.800% employee 1.20% employer
Ditto 0.250% employee 0.250% employer
Ditto 3.75% employee 3.75% employer
Ditto 0.100% employee 0.150% employer
Ditto for part time workers 0.900% employer
Unemployment Benefit 2.40% employee 4.00% employer
Ditto 0.450% employer
Repayment of State Debt 5.10% employee

To this you have to add income tax (this also includes the council tax & TV licence) which is paid some time in May after you have filled in the tax form and sent it back by the middle of April, and its for the whole house, IE all the wage earners of the family
This is not as grim as it sounds, there are a lot of allowances, based on different circumstances, like old age, a handicapped person, young children
The pair of us, 1 with old age and the other a handicapped pension do not pay tax at all and our income is the best part of £15000 a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back