Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss tax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Does anyone know if the govt have increased what we are getting taxed in our wages since the last financial year?Heard a few people suddenly moaning saying they are getting taxed more in the weekly wage since april , can't say have read or heard anything myself.

personal allowances up, vat still 20%, NICS gone up a bit so up n down really.

Nope, there was an infintessimal reduction (because the personal allowance went up).

If they were in work for the whole of the previous year April 14 - March 15 then they shouldn't really notice. However, if they didn't work the full year, then the personal allowance would be spread over a shorter period, giving them an over-optimistic picture until the new tax year rolled around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Did anyone watch Britain's Got Talent last night? There was a Plumber on from Stockport called Darren who bottled it last year but did his...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock