Discuss System Puzzler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

satchmolips

Been working on my folks heating system (sludged up radiator) but can't understand what's going on. 1990's professionally installed oil Worcester Boiler system with gravity header tank. Hostmann Tiara Controller. One single two way Honeywell diverter valve. No roomstat but stats TRV's on radiators. What puzzles me is that there is no stat anywhere on hot water tank or the lines and nothing obvious feeding back to the diverter valve? The Tiara controller has two sliders but you can operate Hot water only, or heating with hot water; not heating only. Big dial on front of boiler to turn hat up, but that will increase heat of hot water also?! So what is the diverter valve actually doing, any suggestions? And how simple would it be to convert this system to a Y plan so I could have sep heating and hot water............

Any explanations very welcome please

It would be straightforward enough to convert your system if the hw is pumped but if it is on gravity there will be a bit rejigging of pipes needed.
Gravity hw systems were still quite common in the 90's

It would be straightforward enough to convert your system if the hw is pumped but if it is on gravity there will be a bit rejigging of pipes needed.
Gravity hw systems were still quite common in the 90's

Sorry, should have said there is a pump one side of diverter, but a header tank feeds whole system by gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to System Puzzler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views
Trying to find out exactly what happens when my system boiler is called to supply the radiators and hot water cylinder at the same time. For...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
This valve is fitted to the lower heating coil of the hot water cylinder Can anyone say what is the point of it I have been told its a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock