Discuss Swapping out a Salamander RSP50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cattlegrid_79

Hi all

I am trying to replace a Salamander RSP50 that has failed. I thought the easiest thing to do would be just to purchase an identical model replacement for the easiest swap. However, the circuit board on the new model is different than on the old one and there is nowhere to wire in the two RCMs that are in the system.

I spoke to the manufacturer who advised I needed an additional part that they would send free but it hasn't showed up despite chasing. I'm now in the situation where i have my friend moving into her property and no working system.

Can anyone make any suggestions? I've attached a picture of the system in case it helps.

Also, i'm assuming if i shut off the two quarter turn valves feeding the pump and then drain what's left in the taps etc, that should be sufficient isolation to remove the old one?

Cheers all

RSP50.jpg

Either send a PM on this site to pl@salamander or ring Salamander again and ask to speak to Paul.

He is a contributor to the forum as well as being an employee of Salamander, and hopefully he can get your missing part winging its way to you pronto.

Salamander are normally pretty good at that sort of thing - I am slightly surprised that you have had a bad experience with them.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Swapping out a Salamander RSP50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have two adjoining cottages, each with an identical UFH system downstairs. Both been going fine for around five years. But for the last few...
Replies
Views
D
I'm looking for a heating engineers/old school plumber to put in a Combi boiler (possibly Intergas) replacing very old open vent system in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock