Search the forum,

Discuss Sunvic motorised valve 3 port query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JessDay

[FONT=&quot]
I was having a few problems (rads on with only water switch down). Engineer came and fitted a new three port valve and acutator (was Danfoss, fitted Sunvic SD2701). the Sunvic has a metal lever, one side says normal use, the other end say flushing only. The metal lever can be locked on either side. My question is if the system is in normal everyday use should that lever be locked in on the 'normal use' side? Or should it be unhooked but positioned towards the 'normal use' end? I thought if you change between having water or heating on or both that lever should be moving position but I don't see mine moving. I know if it's unhooked it is possible to slide either way but does it move position itself when the heating/water is on? Thanks

[/FONT]

Welcome to the forum where members do not turn on each other like rabid dogs, however I feel you will get the same answers here as you did there.

You may not be able to see it move but if it`s all working then leave it be.

Welcome to the forum where members do not turn on each other like rabid dogs, however I feel you will get the same answers here as you did there.

You may not be able to see it move but if it`s all working then leave it be.

Have you been over to the Dark Side rpm?

Seeking your pleasures elsewhere, shame on you.

PS OP
it will likely only move when either the heater or hot water are satisfied.

Last edited:
Have you been over to the Dark Side rpm?

Seeking your pleasures elsewhere, shame on you.

This other err so called forum I visit when I`m in a wind up mood for my enjoyment, something I would never do here amongst friends. :devil:

I was concerned because I noticed the engineer had left it locked on the 'normal use' side and I thought it was supposed to be in the slider bit where it can move freely if need be, not in the hooked up position.

For normal operation leave lever in "Normal" position. Check wiring to ensure white wire becomes live when room stat calls for heat and grey wire only becomes live when cylinder stat call for heat is satisfied.

It can only be locked on the flushing side, the lever won't physically move regardless of what demand it's in (hot water or heating) if it's hot water only on if you was to feel the lever it there would be resistance against you moving it. If only central heating is on the lever will still not move it, you would then be able to move the lever freely. It's just and indication, to be honest if it's now working as it should I wouldn't get too caught up on what the levers doing

Normal mode runs off your room thermostat this is auto mode this is your normal mode.

If your actuactor fails it will power shut then you move to flushing mode.

Kind regArds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sunvic motorised valve 3 port query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock