Discuss Stripped Gland nut on stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
An "Aladdin" valve is a valve that you can cut into live pipework. [video=youtube;Cl0ZGqhI9ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl0ZGqhI9ro[/video]

Hi, I googled it and all i got was the disney film and NJ plumbers. Haha

Hopefully you'll get it sorted

Aladdin claim it also works on 15 mm plastic. Anyone experience this without inserts.

Freezing and replacing stopcock would be for very advanced DIY'er only. Best get a plumber and then you won't have to buy freezing stuff and you know you won't flood your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stripped Gland nut on stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, as you can see pictured I have a stopcock without a packing gland. Over the past few days my cistern inlet was suffering from an airlock and...
Replies
Views
I have an underground stopcock that is leaking a lot through the gland. I have dug down three foot to access the stopcock as I also want to move...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
I have a gate valve that shuts water off to outside hose bib, and it leaks through the valve stem when open. The valve was installed 25 years ago...
Replies
Views
Hi. Husband and I, both 85, have done our own plumbing all our 52 years married but are finding it harder now to get under sinks etc.!! Our...
Replies
Views
Back