Search the forum,

Discuss Some stats to record - see how the forum is doing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Alright, I thought I'd stick some stats up here so we can see how the forum does over time. It's not a score to beat or anything. The forum does what it does. But it's a good guide as to what works etc when we change things over time.

All these are viewable on the homepage.

Threads 89,031
Messages 1,009,438
Members 12,939
Threads last 24 hours 17
Messages last 24 hours 129
Members last 30 days 1,598

So the last 3 are the ones that will move around a lot. And were really low a couple of days ago.
The members last 30 days is members who logged in within the last 30 days, not joined the forum.

So considering we have 13,000, that's about right. About 10 usually, but I've sent a mass PM out so that always makes it increase a lot. So we'll wait for that to calm down and see if it's still around 10%.

The messages were about that last week, but it was the same 15 members posting them. Now we have pulled back a little, more newbies are posting it seems. And that's what helps get questions on the forum, and stuff for regulars to answer. So that's fairly good too right now.

We have some void with around 4000 members in somewhere. When I run tools to update members in the backend, we have 17,500 ish right now. Yet the forum is only recognising around 13,000. Not sure why I'm looking into it.

I've erased accounts that haven't been logged into within 2 years. So that figure is fairly active members. I wanted to give people a chance to find out about our firming up the rules and see if some come back on.

Around 45 people have erased their accounts. Reasons ranging from 'You're a dick' lmao to 'I'm american and your sizes are different' which is a fair point.

So I've made a USA forum and Australian forum. They're at the very bottom of the forum homepage. If we can clock threads made by US members and AUS members, and move them to there. We've found on sparks that we have USA members helping other USA members now. Have loads of them on there who are around 4-5 hours behind so we get an influx around 2am of them using the forum when no Brits are on there. Which is nice. Get some traffic at some other times.

Another stat is this one: Total: 294 users (per 24 hours)

That's got its own block on the forum sidebar on the homepage. The actual names are limited to 50. Else the block is huge and takes up all the sidebar. That 294 is due to the mass email, that will drop towards the end of this week to the real figures so I'll take another look Monday and that's going to be the natural amount of users who login over 24 hours. But I do like saving this bloated number too, as that's the amount per day that respond to a mass PM/Email. So that's a number I usually need also.

Big thanks to you all for helping out here, I can see you all clicking buttons and modding well. Thanks. :)

Once we have got the members used to the politeness that we want, we can relax again and let them have some freedom. It's only this next couple of weeks we really need to keep a close eye. And then we tend to find that they keep to the pack and don't stray off.

Keep it up. :)

Reply to Some stats to record - see how the forum is doing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone! Firstly, we are so glad to have you all as members here on PlumbersForums.net. We are becoming an international community more and more every day with each new member that joins us. I thought I would put together a list of forum links for you guys. American Tile Advice Forum...
Replies
Views
Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted 241 junior mark 3. The expansion tank has failed, also it has a Boss therm sender unit wired to it but the previous owner didn't leave the receiver...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to this forum and looking for a bit of advice please. Have been noticing recently some odd behaviour with our hot water system. If we go away for the weekend, leave Friday afternoon and back Sunday night, the hotwater is lukewarm at best up our return Sunday evening. I then need...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
Hello All, I know that this is a question for a Forum Moderator and probably should be posted in a section about the Forum itself but I was hoping to get some replies from Members about whether this is happening to anyone else: When I logged into the Forum this afternoon and went to look down...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock