Discuss Small grinder.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bosch 10.8v mini grinder is a bit pricey but has been brilliant at cutting pipe in hard to reach places as well as bolt heads. I really didn't want another cordless format but there are some good tools in this range.

Yes! That grinder has been catching my eye and fluttering its eyelids but I've resisted so far...I want it!

What I'll do is I'll ponder it for a few months and then when it goes up in price I'll buy it, Thats what happend with a Makita planer, been at £84 for ages on Axminster and I've thought god thats cheap and as soon as I decide to buy it goes up to £98.00

The Bosch 10.8v mini grinder is a bit pricey but has been brilliant at cutting pipe in hard to reach places as well as bolt heads. I really didn't want another cordless format but there are some good tools in this range.

I have this same grinder and it's brilliant bit of kit and even comes with a cutting disc for cutting wood which it does with ease. Worth a look if you don't have one

Metabo are said to be one of the best grinders you can buy.
I have the Metabo 240 volt 9" grinder.
I have a cordless 5" Hilti 22volt grinder, which is superb, but that costs a fortune to purchase.

I'm not a fan or grinders, I have a big Bosch and small Makita but hate using them unless I have to.

I had reason at home to cut through a metal I beam lintel in situ to remove it and had full face visor on an still got a red hot bur bounce off my neck.

I'm not a fan or grinders, I have a big Bosch and small Makita but hate using them unless I have to.

I had reason at home to cut through a metal I beam lintel in situ to remove it and had full face visor on an still got a red hot bur bounce off my neck.

Welcome to the metalworkers problems

Best one is when your welding above and a nice hot molten slag drips on your shoulder/ arm and the only time you notice it is when your on fire :D

Yes, I don't like the sparks as risk of fire and definitely will damage glass. But I find small cordless angle grinders invaluable and versatile for cutting roof tiles (even in situ) or cutting a clay sewer pipe, or grinding or cutting anything metal. It is a must have tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Small grinder.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water...
Replies
Views
Got a bath which is just over 10 years old and the shower head needs replacing. This photo shows the layout. I appreciate that access will be...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock