Discuss shower pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buttster

help ive been asked to fit a shower pump which will have to live in the loft,the hwc is on the other side of the bungalow and in a small cupboard in a awkward place so fitting a essex flange would be a pain can i fit a surrey flange instead ive never fitted either or a pump before so all help would be very grateful

cheers

buttster

You can tee into the horizontal pipework as it leaves the cylinder. Tee should go downwards and you should then use a bender to get your pipework to do a u-turn if it needs to go in the loft.some shower manufacturers prefer this method as it provides much less flow resistance than a flange and therefore maximizes the shower experience. The feed when done this way is air bubble free because air bubbles don't travel downwards.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

If the tank isn't raised then make sure you buy the correct pump,

Stick to the MI on installing the pump you get, have a look at the salamander website, very useful

hi kay-jay
thanks thats brill all the pics ive seen on websites show you have to put the essex flange in the side of the tank

thanks

oh and when i said it was a tight space its about 2 - 2.5 foot wide just enough to get the tank in

hi secret squirrel the hwc is raised about 3 foot off the ground what is MI

thanks

Manufacturers Instructions, I think a salamander ct50 requires a fall of 600mm from the cold water tank, they're quite easy to install

hi guys thanks for your help i think i will just give it ago like you said kay jay and tap into the the horizontal that leaves the cylindar and put a bend on it.

thanks again

Just make sure your tee comes downwards from the horizontal first before any direction changes to prevent air bubbles being drawn in

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

if i can out the pump under the hwc which is off the floor about 400-500mm were on the hot can i plumb into and does it make any difference if the hwc is quiet far away from the bathroom thanks

you can still plumb into the same place except you don't have to put a bend in the pipe as it will be going down anyway

hi can anyone help me ive been told i need a negative shower pump instead of a positive what is the difference and what reason would i need a negative instead of positive

you only need a negative head pump if it is going to be situated above the loft tank. if you put the pump at the base of the cylinder you only need a normal one.

i found a diagram for you showing the pipework arrangement. page 20 of the pdf
[DLMURL]http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/upload/INSTALLATION%20GUIDES/Install_Opto.pdf[/DLMURL]

as you can see this is the 'preferred' method by the manufacturer........flanges eh? who needs em

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock