Discuss should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im getting confused here. The GSE came and connected me and filled in the necessary forms and said he would send them off himself.

So expect a form through the post in a couple of days letting you know that the appliance has been registered :) It's important that you have this piece of paper should you ever want to sell your home on. :)

So expect a form through the post in a couple of days letting you know that the appliance has been registered :) It's important that you have this piece of paper should you ever want to sell your home on. :)
yep will do. I just seem to be having so much trouble with my heating i wish i had stuck with my storage heaters. They only seem to work on the highest setting, anything lower and they go cold, he says its air but ive bled them and water comes out. He has told me to leave them on high for a week to get rid of the air.

have a look at the bench mark form he should have filled in and left with you its often in the back of the manufacturers instructions look what he has put regarding interlock

yep will do. I just seem to be having so much trouble with my heating i wish i had stuck with my storage heaters. They only seem to work on the highest setting, anything lower and they go cold, he says its air but ive bled them and water comes out. He has told me to leave them on high for a week to get rid of the air.

That's not right. A new system should work straight away. They need to get back to you and get it working properly.

Have you checked if he`s even GSR?
Not being funny but most clients or customers take a firm or trsdesmsn on trust as we do with a client or customer ?
I have ripped multi million pound houses to bits yet never have I been asked to see any insurances or even proof of a qualification ?
Only job I had to prove insurance was on a job for the railways before network rail took over we even had to do a trackside test even though we were well away from tracks my blokes will never use a train again as all worried if trains were where we were working no way are they safe !

It is not air.
Sounds like your house is quite warm and the valves are closing themselves down or the valve heads are badly positioned. You may be used to the house being warmer so 20º may feel cold.

Have a read of this which explains a bit about how they work.
http://heating.danfoss.co.uk/PCMPDF/TRV_User-guide_Flyer_100x210mm_VUIDD102_2013_low-res.pdf
Getting The Best From Your TRVs

and get them to fit a room stat.
I only had two storage heaters that worked so my house was always cold, now its up to 19 at the moment. What i expected to get from GSH was that if it got too warm then i would be able to turn the heating down slightly without the rads going almost cold but because i dont have a room thermostat im have to go round the house adjusting each heater, but because they all go too cold when i turn them down i then have to turn them all up again, its keeping me fit anyway. I will get used to it i suppose.

controls to ensure that the boiler does not fire when there is no demand for heat.

so for example a trv may control a rad but has no control over the system, but a room stat and time control does.

Last edited:
controls to ensure that the boiler does not fire when there is no demand for heat.

so for example a trv may control a rad but has no control over the system, but a room stat and time control does.
ok thanks, i understand that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock