Discuss should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you should have a room stat fitted. Was it listed on the quote?

You have to have one fitted. Don`t forget you can go for a wired thermostat or a wireless programmable room stat, which are very good.

Plumber says no but Gas safe man says yes. Who is fitting it?
All the extras cost money and if the budget was tight something has to go.
It will still work without a room thermostat but you will have less control and use slightly more gas

You should have one but it is becoming a matter of course that some are only pricing the bare minimum on jobs to keep the cost down. Just tell him you want one added to the quote.

Your benchmark will be filled out (hopefully) and there is a requirement to provide interlock. A room stat is the simplest and most common way of doing this. I would be questioning whether you have chosen the right installer for the job if they do not recognise this requirement regardless of personal opinion. If we could pick and choose what reg's to abide by then it would make the job a lot easier but ..... Unregulated?

Well he has just been round to bleed the rads because most of them were cold this morning and he still insists that i dont need a room thermostat, i asked him if the boiler will be more efficient if i have one and he said no.
I never asked him to do it as cheap as possible, i just asked him for a quote for heating and presumed he would offer me what i needed. Everybody i know with a combi has a room thermostat but he says you only need one if you have a big house.

As far as I am aware it is regulation and my mate had a gas safe inspection last week on a system I forget the details but was not a complete new system he has had a letter from gas safe stating a thermostat has to be fitted ?
I will find out why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock