Search the forum,

Discuss Sewer Outlet Pipe Cracked in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I hoping y'all can just educate me a bit and make me feel better about spending $2500 to fix this. I'm selling my rent house and my realtor suggested I have my foundation warranty company do an inspection so we could proactively say the foundation is good. Well the warranty company has a standard requirement to have a freshwater pressure test and a hydrostatic sewer test performed from a dual-directional clean-out prior to the foundation warranty company coming out.

The plumber that completed those tests said that he wasn't able to perform the sewer test because of a crack in the pipe (see picture). The next guy I spoke to on the phone said he did complete the test and it failed. They are likely saying the same thing because my understanding is because of these crack in the sewer outlet pipe the test would "fail" but once they fix that pipe they would retest to see if there are any other issues.

Unfortunately, to fix this crack sewer outlet pipe they need to jackhammer my front veranda to gain access. The overall cost will be $2,500 for the plumper and then whatever I need to pay for a concrete guy to try to match the stamped concrete.

I may just be stuck between a rock and hard place here because I had no indication of a foundation issue prior to calling the warranty company but now I may be forced to fix this cleanout pipe to ensure my warranty stays intact. Could someone just help me understand better why the cleanout pipe needs to be fixed now (other than just to satisfy my warranty company)? I thought these cleanout pipes were only used if you system needs to be pumped so I guess I'm wondering could it just be left alone until such a time that the sewer lines need to be pumped and then address it at that time? Is this crack in the sewer outlet pipe actually "leaking" because it doesn't actually have liquid in it?

Any help understanding this better would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Second Cleanout From the House Sweeping Back Under the Home.jpg
    Second Cleanout From the House Sweeping Back Under the Home.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 14
The clean out fitting could be cracked so it’s leaking water hence the foundation guys report

you could save some money by digging the hole / around the pipe then calling the contractors in to repair the joint and back filling yourself later after test / inspection

Reply to Sewer Outlet Pipe Cracked in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock