Search the forum,

Discuss Selkirk flue sealed in wall space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daveeg

hi all:)

I just went to do a landlord boiler service today and came across a boiler flue that disappears into the wall behind boiler, should have taken picture! The Boiler is a worcestor high flow 400 floor standing. At the top of boiler there is a Selkirk flue that rises vertical then runs through the wall behind the boiler. This is a converted Edinburgh townhouse, there is one external wall that shows no signs of flue termination. This house is on the second of 4 floors so the only way I can see the flue running is the chimney... Is this possible?

Also what can be done with regards to new flue laws and access panels?

Cheers

David

hi all:)

I just went to do a landlord boiler service today and came across a boiler flue that disappears into the wall behind boiler, should have taken picture! The Boiler is a worcestor high flow 400 floor standing. At the top of boiler there is a Selkirk flue that rises vertical then runs through the wall behind the boiler. This is a converted Edinburgh townhouse, there is one external wall that shows no signs of flue termination. This house is on the second of 4 floors so the only way I can see the flue running is the chimney... Is this possible?

Also what can be done with regards to new flue laws and access panels?

Cheers

David
a, its sounds dodgy what does a flue flow show up?
b,open flued appliances are not subject to the new regs regarding hatches etc only RS appliances

As gas man, the old highflow done an O/F version which could be done like this.
Flue flow, spill, flame pic etc. all good, then all is good.
If not an O/F then subject to all other safe op checks this is going to be AR at very least.

I would have condemned it, stuck labels all over it and frightened the landlord into fitting a brand new 24kw Heatline somewhere else in the house. You can't be too careful these days.
Imagine some idiot fitting a chimney inside a chimney that goes up through other peoples houses, especially as it has a joint in the wall. You certainly get your eyes opened in this job. Terrible cowboy stuff they got away with in the past.
Just shocking.

There is nothing wrong with it.
I hope you tested the flue and checked the ventilation while you were in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Selkirk flue sealed in wall space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as can be on the kitchen wall. Flue exits out through the wall via an elbow but emerges above a flat roof. Unfortunately it's somewhat less than the...
Replies
Views
T
Morning, Im in a top floor tenement flat with access to the attic space. I have a combi boiler with flue that emits vertically up through the roof. My kitchen is situated internally with no easy access to an external wall. Could I fit a kitchen extractor that ducts vertically then right angles...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has been serviced regularly over the years by different engineers with no issues. Last time , the guy wanted to condem it due to not being compliant with...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I was hoping someone could advise regarding the regulations around flue terminations through a 'fake' window. We have a mixed-use development with a ground floor commercial unit and residential above. To keep with the style, a 'fake' window has been installed to the rear of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock