Search the forum,

Discuss Sealed heating three tee rule in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

So thinking about the three tee rule. I know it applies on the return (closet to boiler - bypass, hot water cylinder, heating return)

so giving this some thought, does it apply to the flow (eg y plan or s plan) - are you supposed to put the bypass then hot then heating or is it only really the return that matters for the three rule to prevent reverse circulation ?

what do people think ?

We don't think we just do...
Sure he has mistaken that with the three tea rule?!

But in fact you have to keep them nice and neutral, in specific if you are zoning you have to make sure to have neutral returns.

But in fact you have to keep them nice and neutral, in specific if you are zoning you have to make sure to have neutral returns.

Think you just confused him...

By neutral do you mean no sugar? :)

Got to have sugar unless in the common return......

By neutral do you mean no sugar? :)

Got to have sugar unless in the common return......
NO NO, can't run a business without sugar! Got to keep the customers sweet.
ADD ON: But you can't milk them all the time.

But yes, sugar in the common return is unwanted and indicates problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
NO NO, can't run a business without sugar! Got to keep the customers sweet.
ADD ON: But you can't milk them all the time.

But yes, sugar in the common return is unwanted and indicates problems.

Usually a good indication that the previous plumber hasn't been paid ........

Usually a good indication that the previous plumber hasn't been paid ........
No, in this day and age you can not bank on that any more. Got a customer that paid the powerflush (just under BG tariff) and still has not got it done. Despite plenty of tea to the guys that spend a day at the premises flushing one radiator.

all this talk of tea and tees has got me thirsty, no sugar in my tea though.

There must be some design secrets here,
I'm looking out for a change in direction.
(sweeteners anyone ?)

There must be some design secrets here,
I'm looking out for a change in direction.
(sweeteners anyone ?)
Well, there is in fact. I will lift the secret and possibly answer the OPs question. When you design a domestic system have the controls on the flow.

But do not tell anyone otherwise we will have to share the supplied teas and coffees and biscuits with even more people.

As well when the tax office gets to know that we now take tea and coffee from the customers they even may introduce a coffee tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sealed heating three tee rule in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at time it kind of working, only for one at time (and partially hot), depending on the priority in the system. We contacted Valliant for assistance...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
I am sizing the central heating pipes for a complete replacement. The property has an elongated floor plan so I have used a piping layout consisting of single flow and return headers running the length of the property and take-offs to and from radiators. Currently there is a combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock