Discuss Scam's & fraudsters warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not from corgi, they have a contract with you to do services at a set price and you invoice when done. No scam and they generally pay on time

I get a lot offering me jobs, they look good until you get to the money. Instead of a £ before the numbers they just put 1500 Pounds.

Listening to radio 4 today about a very similar going on with therapists via a website called commissioning.gp

On a smaller scale then what we're used to but the usual ££ for referrals. You've been specially selected in your area.

Thought I'd post it here 1 so people can take some comfort knowing it happens in all industry's and 2 because these guys seem to be getting a group together and going after their fraudsters. Perhaps one of the effected plumbers might care to try something similar

I had some guy ring me approx 2 months ago saying that he's putting together a leaflet that has all the bad tradesman/rogue traders on it and warns people not to use them. He then went on say that because I've got a good reputation he wants to encourage people to use me. He first told me this was free, but once he'd given me more information he slipped in that it was £250 for the year. I just hung up. A guy I know who owns a company renting out marquees and events equipment gets them all the time as well.

repair-PST-files

Good Afternoon,

UK Repair require a domestically qualified Heating & Plumbing Engineer to maintain an ongoing contract for a minimum of 380 domestic rental properties within the DH and surrounding Postcode area.

The chosen Engineer/Contractor will be required to look after a daily emergency call out service as well as taking care of the annual servicing for each property. We would prefer if all repairs and breakdowns are covered by the chosen Contractor, as well as any resulting installations after the original breakdown.

About Us:

UK Repair are a property maintenance supplier servicing and maintaining a large number of Clients within the UK. We currently look after well over 5,000 properties ranging from 1 bedroom flat’s to full blocks of flats.

We are delighted to be able to offer full property management and maintenance under the one roof and are able to cover every job required on both domestic and commercial properties. Regardless of the size of job, UK Repair can comfortably look after your needs no matter if it’s simply fixing a leaking tap or planning and installing a full new extension.

At present, we do not employ any Engineers directly. Our business is focussed on only working with the best local Contractors on a sub contract basis to ensure that we get the best of both worlds - full national coverage with the luxury of selecting from a bank of quality tradesman after a thorough vetting and selection process.

What can we offer you?:

• Guaranteed contract work within the DH and surrounding Postcode area, for a minimum of 12 months with the option to extend.

• Each rental property is legally required to have an annual Landlord Gas Safety Certificate carried out.

• Set prices for specific general works, i.e. CP12 & Boiler Service, daytime call outs will be negotiated and guaranteed before the start of the contract.

• 28 days’ notice will always be given for planned maintenance work.

• Only 1 company/contractor will be chosen. No competing for work.

• Payments will be made within 14 days from the date the invoices are received.

You must be:

Able to cover the full DH and surrounding Postcode area.

• Gas Safe registered.

Sounds like the Ladies Front- bottoms are back again..........

Pass it around.......,.

I get a lot offering me jobs, they look good until you get to the money. Instead of a £ before the numbers they just put 1500 Pounds.

That's usually PLUS the VAT.........

Is it worth alerting the Revenue and the VAT what these scammers are up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scam's & fraudsters warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just had the obligatory email from a company trying to sell contract s for repair etc: Seems very similar to the ones a yea back that required a...
Replies
Views
P
Service Magic: DO NOT USE THEM Warning anyone out there thinking of using SERVICE MAGIC to get job referals should avoid them at all costs...
Replies
Views
D
Fancy a day out checking out the latest ideas for home building. The UK's BIGGEST self build show is at NEC ********* will be attending the...
Replies
Views
365drills

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock